Saturday, March 7, 2009

A Guitar marketplace built with Morfik

Recently I had my attention called to a new website that is built with Morfik. The creator of the website posted a link on the Morfik forums and, with my curiosity working up, there I went browsing away to www.guitaraholic.com.

As most people using Morfik AppsBuilder (FX or BX) to build applications, looking over a publicly available website built with it is an interesting experience. The first thing I noticed was that the general color scheme is quite similar to that of the Morfik website. I guess this is not surprising as that is the most wildely know website to be built with Morfik AppsBuilder.

The concept is quite interesting. It seems to be a marketplace where you can enter information about guitars you own and read about the guitars that other people own. As you would expect, you can offer to buy or sell guitars, depending on the level of your membership account.

Guitaraholic offers three levels of membership, a free level in which you can only browse other's people's guitars and publish your own, and two paid levels which allow you to buy, and sell respectively. Not being a musician or guitar afficionado I have no idea of what the market for this is, but it certainly is interesting to visit, if you are considering the development of websites with Morfik.

No comments:

Post a Comment